Thursday, April 2, 2009

More Bread or How I Gained 25 lbs in One Week

So, the honey wheat cardamom bread was delish.  Sweet and satisfying.  I wanted more, though; another notch in my bread-y belt.  So, I present to you lemon rosemary olive oil loaf.  

My apartment smells amazing right now, to say the least.  And I'm eating bread like it's going out of style.

I used pretty much the same recipe as last time, except I left out the whole wheat flour, honey and sugar and used extra virgin olive oil in place of vegetable oil.  Also, I included the leaves of about three rosemary stalks and the grated rind of one lemon.

Finally, I allowed the bread to prove twice (one hour the first round and about 45 minutes the second).  Yes, this took a little time, but I kept myself busy.  The result?  A fluffy, savory, flavorful loaf that tastes outstanding drizzled with olive oil.  I would serve this bread warm along with a lovely roast chicken.  Like this one that my friend N made a few weeks ago.  
 
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment