Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fatty Friday Update: Dengue Fever Free Since 1980

Hi folks! Feeling lonely and ignored? Well, I missed you, too! But I didn't get arrested or anything! No. I was out of the country gallavanting for a bit, as my mom would say!

Traveling is so fun, right?! You get to see a new place, meet new people and try all different types of food. I'm always curious about the food in different countries and even other US cities.

During my FF hiatus, I jetted off to Costa Rica with my friend, J. We've known each other for over 12 years and had the best time surfing, kayaking and eating cheap, yummy food!

One night in particular stood out for me. We visited this restaurant, El Lagarto, in Playa Samara, on the Pacific coast of the Nicoya Peninsula, for asado, or grilled meats/fish. You remember asado - I've mentioned it before.

Anyhoo, the night we visited El Lagarto, I tried whole squid stuffed with shrimp and J had pork loin. Behold!


Isn't it just pretty? Asado is an Argentinian method, but the Costa Ricans--whose fare tends towards the well-balanced meat, rice, beans, and salad route (aka casados, sold at sodas)--have learned how to dish it up, and how!

So take a trip, won't you, folks? Learn to surf, see some howler monkeys, enjoy a $2 Imperial, and eat some yummy food. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment