Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fatty Friday Issue #14: The Independence Version

Hey folks! Sorry I missed you last week. Things have been a little crazay in this lady's kitchen recently. But I'm back this week to share with you some independence day goodness.

I don't know about you, but nothing says "independence" quite like cheesecake. Am I right? And wasn't it Patrick Henry who said, "Give me cheese or give me death!" Or was that Henry Patrick? Or Patricia Henrichson... Anywho, someone dramatic probably said that at one point, and boy, were they right!

So today I bring you a recipe for mini cherry cheesecakes adapted from Amy Sedaris' cookbook "I Like You". This recipe is so cheesy and creamy and sweet...it just melts in your mouth. And it's pretty easy to make, too.

Check it!


Crust:
3/4 c graham cracker crumbles (just put them in a ziploc and whack with a rolling pin)
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 stick of butter, melted

Mix all ingredients together and press into a muffin tin. Its less messy if you use those little paper muffin cups.

Filling:
3 pckgs cream cheese
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla

Mix eggs until frothy and slowly add the sugar. Once that's all whipped up, add the cream cheese and vanilla and spoon into the cups. Bake for about 35 minutes in a 375 degree oven.

Topping
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp vanilla

Mix together and spoon over cakes. Bake for another five minutes.

Remove, let cool and top with cherry jam or pie filling. Eat, enjoy and have a happy Fourth of July!

2 comments:

  1. These are amazing. I know from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Augh! I haven't had these in forever! Please make more.

    ReplyDelete