Friday, October 16, 2009

More Soup: The Chicken Version

I love soup. I enjoy it year round, but it's obviously my fave in the colder months. What I love most about soup is that you can just throw a bunch of stuff in a pot, let it simmer for a bit, maybe add some rice, and have a tasty meal. Sweet!


Mmmmm...lemony garlic chicken soup

Recently I made a roast chicken, based on this recipe, which gives me chills and cravings like a junkie. Try it, you'll get it. Anyhoo, the carcass and a whole roasted head of garlic were just sitting in my fridge earlier, winking at me in a way that said, "You know you want to..." So, I proceeded to make a broth using the following ingredients:
1 leftover, partially eaten roast chicken (sounds prettier than carcass, right?)
1 head of roasted garlic
1 quartered onion
1 halved lemon
1 packet of dried morel mushrooms
3 bay leaves,
cloves
dried fennel seeds
paprika
salt
pepper
6 cups of water

I placed these all in a soup pot, set on medium heat and let simmer. My house proceeded to smell like warm, spicy goodness in no time. Now I have soup to last for a while. I can add rice or pasta or just freeze it to use in the future. Yay soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment