Friday, March 13, 2009

Fatty Friday Issue #3 - Death Does Not Become Her


And the middle eastern kick continues... This week's issue of Fatty Friday is dedicated to rosewater. I bought some of this heady liquid last week, naively thinking that it was potable. Umm, nope. After a sip I grasped my throat, Shakespearean-style, and prepared for the worst death possible from poisoning. Luckily, I didn't die and I didn't have to worry about my friends finding me curled up into a dry husk on my kitchen floor.

After I composed myself and drank a gallon of real water, I checked in with some friends about how to use rosewater. A lovely friend of persian descent shared with me that rosewater can be diluted in water, but is not meant to be imbibed solo. Aha...this cleared things up.

So, this weekend I'll be baking with rosewater. I've never done it before, but I found some pointers here on how to bake with the distinctive ingredient. Baking club with my buddy, N, is this Sunday. I aim to try something based on this or a plum tart with rosewater dough - or both! Oh, and we're also making this! More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Homegirl, I found so many kinds of plums at the market yesterday! Squeee. Days of jams and roses are upon us.

    ReplyDelete