Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Graffiti Love

I don't spend all my time eating. In fact, I do alot of other things, like breathing, talking, sleeping. In fact, today I was scanning the internets and found this rad site on Etsy.

It caught my eye, because it featured lampshades covered with graffiti:

Umm...love? Betcha didn't take me for a chick who likes graffiti. Well, there is almost nothing better to me than interesting graffiti.

I grew up in Queens and secretly always wanted to create a really unique signature so that I could tag in my neighborhood. I was too scared to do it alone, though, so I fantasized about snagging a boyfriend who tagged. That way we could be the Bonnie and Clyde of graffiti! We would've had so much fun! But, the dream of meeting that guy (a dream that still thrives in my imaginatoin) never happened. That's mostly because I've always dated slightly nervous, nerdy/cute guys; types who wouldn't want to take a chance at getting caught. Sure, I could've asked my friends, but I doubt they would've jumped on the bandwagon. Plus, I don't want to make out with my friends, covered in spray paint, after tagging a brick wall on a rooftop or some other heaven spot, at 4:00 am*.

So, now I worship graffiti from afar. Actually, sometimes, if I remember my marker, I will tag in the bathroom of a loud bar, especially if there is already art up on the wall. It's pretty fun. But, back to my point: I covet that lamp.


*I love you guys, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment