Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Might Light Ya Wrist, But That About It

I could do a lot if I had a little more money...

Sometimes you find a shop that just makes your day, and you want to return again and again. That's how I feel about Loveday 31 in Astoria. There is always something AWESOME in there. Whether its a hot pink, frilly vintage mini dress or a shiny brassy-gold bangle, I always leave sporting a smile. Plus, the owner - her name escapes me at the moment because I'm terrible with names but really good with faces and I can TOTALLY see her face right now - is super sweet and helpful. She'll tell you if something doesn't fit right and will even make recommendations. Hell, the place is the size of a closet, she can't help but be involved in your process!

Moving on! I want to talk about a jewelry store called Kim and Maki. My friends who read this will probably remember that one of my fave pieces of jewelry is a mini brass knuckles pendant fashioned from white gold and encrusted with Swarovski crystals. Well, these gals are the very same who sold me that piece of jewelry. My new obsession at their shop is this piece of gorgeousness which I COVET becase I want to wear it to a wedding that I'll be in on the 21st. The theme of the wedding is art deco and this piece is so art deco, so I'd look totally art deco! Swoon!

2 comments: